Friday, August 12, 2011

Dystopian colour tests

A while ago I ordered a Dystopian Wars fleet, along with 3 friends from work. We've only recently got around to having some games, and so far it's pretty fun. Just roll losts of dice and stuff blows up. Still working on learning the finer details but that'll come with time.

Anyway, it's about time I painted some ships! Or atleast think about it... I came up with this test scheme:



I haven't really done this type of planning before. Normally I just think of the colours in my head and dive right in. Since Spartan Games release images of thier new toys as 3D models, it's easy to overlay colours.

The downside to doing this is I spent ages changing colours back and forth, adding blazing suns all over it, purples, reds, browns, and then didn't like any of it. I'm still not completely happy with this scheme, but I'll think on it for a while. Definately liking the Khaki/Beige but can't work out how to get a secondary colour on there. My original thoughts of Khaki and Purple were based on the Blazing Sun uniform which has purple accents/sashes on it:


I could also go with red to match their flag. Maybe I should just paint them and live with how they turn out?

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment