Thursday, October 27, 2011

Brandenburgers: Part 1

This years Flames of War Late-war GT is going to be like a mini-convention, with display games, painting competitions, and events running into the evening on the Saturday. One of these events is a display painting challlenge involving some of the Battlefront staff.

We're all going to paint a small 500 point raiding force from Burning Empires in preparation for raiding aces. The challenge is to finish the force in 24 hours. The figures can be assembled and undercoated before hand (Luckily!).

I've chosen to do a German Brandenburger force, mostly because I think the DAK figures are some of our nicest but I won't find the time to do a full DAK force. And they get captured Crusaders! The enemy disguises rule could also be fun to play, but I'll find that out later.

This is everything I have to get ready before the event (19 Nov).


HQ, and 2 combat platoons (one with disguises) all with trucks gives me 500 points. I'm also going to paint some HMGs at the same time since it's only a few more things and I'll need them for the next point level. The crusaders and some AA half tracks will get done later.

I'll post pics in the week before the event once they're all assembled and undercoated, and then after the event weekend to show off my speed painting skills... hmmm.

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment